- Aniruddha received his M.S. in
Biomedical Engineering from the
Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA in 1998. His research at the University of Toledo focused on the study of VER (visual evoked response) as a factor in determining progressive neural degeneration. He received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the
Vishwakarma Institute of
Technology, University of
Pune, India in 1996. He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. at the BioMEMS and MicroSystems Lab under the research guidance of Dr. Chong
- His research interests include mTAS and Lab-On-A-Chip devices with specific focus on the development of smart, passive microfluidic systems. He is actively involved in a DARPA sponsored project, under the BioFLIPS program, for the development of a disposable bioanalysis microfluidic module using the sPROMs (structurally PROgrammable Microfluidics systems) technology. He is also interested in fundamental techniques in the MEMS area, electrokinetic fluidic driving, genomic and proteomic applications of BioMEMS devices, and whole cell based
- He has worked previously on another DARPA project, under the MicroFlumes program, for developing a plastic based system for remote biochemical detection.
- He has been a teaching assistant for the lab class ˇ°Silicon Semiconductor Microfabrication for MEMSˇ±. The lab class involved fabricating a MEMS based silicon diaphragm pressure sensor with piezoelectric detectors. It required demonstrating all the fabrication steps such as oxidation, lithography, single side/ double side aligning, wet chemical etching, lift-off and packaging to a group of 12 students.
- Chong A. Puntambeker and C. H. Ahn, "Self-aligning Microfluidic Interconnects for Glass and Plastic Based Microfluidic Systems," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (JMM), Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 25-40, 2002.
- C. H. Ahn, J.-W. Choi,
S. Kim, Y. S. Sohn, A. Puntambeker, S. Murugesan, G.
Beaucage, and J. H. Nevin, "Disposable Smart
Plastic Biochips For Clinical Diagnostics,"
BioMEMS Conference, Material Research Society (MRS),
San Francisco, April 1-3, 2002 (Invited).
- J.-W. Choi, S. Kim, R.Trichur, H. J. Cho, A. Puntambekar, R. L. Cole, J. R. Simkins, S. Murugesan, K. S. Kim, J. B. Lee, G. Beaucage, J. H. Nevin, and C. H. Ahn, "A Plastic Micro Injection Molding Technique Using Replaceable Mold-Disks for Disposable Microfluidic Systems and Biochips", Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Micro Total Analysis Systems (micro-TAS 2001), Monterey, CA, Oct. 21-25, 2001, pp. 411-412.
- A. Puntambekar, J.-W. Choi, C. H. Ahn, S. Kim, S. Bayyuk, and V. B. Makhijani, "An Air-Driven Fluidic Multiplexer Integrated with Microdispensers," Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Micro Total Analysis Systems (u-TAS 2001), Monterey, CA, October 21-25, 2001, pp.78-80.
- A. Puntambekar, H. J. Cho, C.-C. Hong, J.-W. Choi, C. H. Ahn, S. Kim, and V. B. Makhijani, "A New Fixed-Volume Metering Microdispenser Module Based on sPROMs Technology," Technical Digest of the 11th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors and Actuators (Transducers '01), Munich, Germany, June 10-14, 2001, pp. 1240-1243.
- Chong Ahn, A. Puntambekar, S. M. Lee, H. C. Cho, and C. C. Hong, "Structurally Programmable Microfluidic Systems," Proc. of the mTAS 2000 conference, Enschede, The Netherlands, May 14-18, 2000, pp. 205-208.
- A. Puntambekar and Chong Ahn, "Self-Aligning Microfluidic Interconnects with Low Dead Volume," Proc. of the mTAS 2000 conference, Enschede, The Netherlands, May 14-18 2000, pp. 323-326.
Conference Proceedings (without published proceedings)
- A. Puntambekar, S. Lee, H. J. Cho, and C. H. Ahn, "On-Chip Microfluidic Multiplexers for Biochemical Reactor and Mixers", presented at IEEE World Congress on Biomedical Physics, Chicago, IL, 2000.